Tuesday 21 June 2011

My Best Friend's Wedding..

Hi all,

As I mentioned in one of my last posts, 'My Best Friend's Wedding' took place on 3rd June 2011. Since she is now back from her honeymoon (looking so relaxed and v brown!) I thought I would share the photos with you (with her permission of course).

Charlotte Durack, now Mrs Miles has been a good friend since school days, so we are talking (cough...) 20 something years! She is one of my oldest and dearest friends and despite this being a blatant personal exploitation of my blog, I am so happy to share this with you (and she did get her dress from Mrs Jones Bridal Boutique, of course).

The Wedding was held at The Olde Bell at Hurley - in the Malt House. A great 'rustic' venue, perfect for her very British style wedding full of colour and stunning flowers, with simple yet elegant styling - very much like her!

'The Dress' was Charlotte Balbier. She wanted something light, easy to wear and a little unique - not too fussy yet with soft detail to fit in with her venue and styling. 'Pixie' was chosen and it could not have been more 'her'. If I had to describe Charlotte in two words, it would be, 'Loveable' and 'Fun!' - and Pixie seemed to fit the bill - playful frivolity!

We decided to take off the cap sleeves and personalise it for her, to make it easier to wear. She loved the belt and the way the lace fell and we teamed it up with a gorgeous Charlotte Balbier vintage silver comb.

It was a fabulous day - the weather shone brightly and things went to plan. Everyone had a fab wedding and spoke about how personal and fitting everything was for one very special and happy couple!

Charlotte and Kaz - congratulations on being Mr and Mrs Miles and Charlotte, one of my first and most beautiful brides!

We love you from Mrs Jones (and Mr) x

PS- photographs are courtesy of my husband and are not the official ones - just our champagne snaps! Will post the 'official ones' as soon as they are out! x












No comments:

Post a Comment